Sunday, April 19, 2009

Canstruction - The conclusion

Saturday was the build date for this year's Corridor Canstruction, and although I could write a long rant about my many dislikes for how the lack of organization this year, I will just keep this short and post of cool pictures.

I was very please how smoothly the build went, and except for the substitution of razor sharp steel wire for the insulated copper wire I had originally used, there were no screw ups.

To the right is a photo of the front of the boat, although my brother seemed to get the front and the back confused. In retrospect I can see the confusion, it seems that the group in charge of the stern decided to make it a little on the pointy side, while the method used to construct the bow resulted in a rounded bow, oops.

For more pictures of the event, go to the Gazette's photo gallery. There is only one photo of our TiCanic, but as Gazette photographer, Liz Martin said, it wasn't very photogenic. I have to agree with her on this, it was a bulky bizarre thing. It will just give me more to think about in planning next years...

No comments:

Post a Comment