Saturday, April 25, 2009

My story about gas prices

Remember about a year ago when it seemed that every news organization had a (at least) weekly column about the price of gas? Why did not of them report on the price of gas for race cars?

I was filling up my car when I noticed one of the nozzles was for 110 octane, leaded racing fuel (I didn't even know you could sell that at a normal gas station). But what really amazed me was when I noticed the price, $5.399/gal. And this was when the price of regular gas was below $2.

Where were the stories about the poor race car driver that had to take a second mortgage on his house just so he could drive his kids to soccer practice? If I was a race car driver, I would feel that the national media really let me down on this one.

(After I posted this story, I noticed I was getting a few hits from people searching where to buy 110 octane racing fuel in Iowa. The photo was taken at the Hawkeye convenience store in Czech Village on 16th St.)

No comments:

Post a Comment