Friday, April 3, 2009

Dear Asshole (A letter to the asshole in the truck, from the asshole on the bike)

Dear Asshole,

I understand why you might have been pissed off with me, I was selfishly taking up an entire lane of a four lane road with a stupid bike. I can understand, I am often pissed off at things, more so when I happen to be driving.

However, bikes on the road might be something you should learn to deal with if the City of Cedar Rapids has their way and become a bicycle friendly city. As I said, I can understand being pissed off while driving, which is probably one of the reason I enjoy bicycling, you might want to look into it.

On a serious note, if you're going to honk at a bike in front of you, and then quickly accelerate and pass that bicycle quite closely while saying something (you have to slow down if you want me to actually hear you,) you should punch yourself in the face, because you shouldn't do that to start with. But if you do, you should at least have the courtesy to acknowledge that same cyclist when they catch up to you stopped at a traffic light a block down the road.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I'm scared to ride a bike anywhere but a trail; I can't handle the scorn. In a perfect world, we'd have bike lanes all over the city.

    ReplyDelete