Tuesday, March 31, 2009

ZOMG!! Virus!!!!!

Today at work I received an e-mail from out IT department warning us about the confiker virus. It didn't really give any good solutions, it just warned the staff about how it is slated to be activated tomorrow (April 1).

I have a few problems with that. Mainly that it is their job to make this a non-issue, how would a client respond if I were to tell them "that system I designed for you, it won't work at all" and walk off?

It seems the the number of "warnings" I get about viruses is second only to stupid jokes when it comes to stupid mass e-mails. Most give dire warning about how it will melt my hard drive, steal my credit card number and kidnap my children, so I should send this e-mail to everyone I know. I find them funny, as it highlights the computer illiterate around me.

So make sure you don't have this evil virus, I hear that it will steal your kidneys in your sleep and eat your dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment